Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/13 13:36:44 UTC

How work password selected when send invitation from room

Hello Maxim,

´Ve tested OM 6.1.0 #323 and looks fine.

I don´t know wich is the process when
send an invitation "with password" from room.
´Cause dont´t ask for the password after
clic email link and can arrive to room
without asking for it.

Could you please explain to me?

Thanks

Re: How work password selected when send invitation from room

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...Excuse me Maxim,
The invitations and the Calendar works as expected
for every one.
The eroor was mine. A typo in the mail address:

toor@hola.com...and in OM i typed toor@hol.com

Sorry

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...am testing OM 7.0.0 #12.

Re: How work password selected when send invitation from room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hopefully implemented :)

I would like to ask for help with testing :)

Not sure if invitation-related functionality is covered by tests :(

So what need to be tested:

Invitations from Room and Calendar works as expected
i.e. links are generated, room is accessible via link

I'll try to run some tests but most probably later this week :(

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 01:32, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that is a good idea!

> On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 23:24:26 +0700
> Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > previously password protected invitation was working as follows:
> >
> > - regular room link https://localhost:5443/openmeetings/#room/5 was
> > generated If user has right to enter the room for ex. the room is public
> > - password protected link was generated in case invited user has no
> access
> > to the room for ex. external user was invited or room is private
> >
> > I'm going to change this behavior and generate password protected link
> for
> > all users
> >
> > Is it what is requested?
> > Shall I proceed?
> >

> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 20:52, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > ...done!
> > >
> > > Thanks

> correctly)

> > > --
> > >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Maxim

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: How work password selected when send invitation from room

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that is a good idea!

Re: How work password selected when send invitation from room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

previously password protected invitation was working as follows:

- regular room link https://localhost:5443/openmeetings/#room/5 was
generated If user has right to enter the room for ex. the room is public
- password protected link was generated in case invited user has no access
to the room for ex. external user was invited or room is private

I'm going to change this behavior and generate password protected link for
all users

Is it what is requested?
Shall I proceed?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 20:52, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...done!
>
> Thanks

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:41:25 +0700
> Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > BTW this can be improved :)
> > Could you please file jira?
> >
> > from mobile (sorry for typos ;)
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2021, 20:40 Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > This will work for external users only
> > > The link should have "hash/invitation" part  (if I remember correctly)
> > >
> > > from mobile (sorry for typos ;)

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: How work password selected when send invitation from room

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...done!

Re: How work password selected when send invitation from room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
BTW this can be improved :)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.