Posted to user@hive.apache.org by upd r <up...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/26 22:19:36 UTC

varchar

Hi,

I have a created a table with fields defined as varchar(length). Is it
correct to insert data in to the table casting the fields as
VARCHAR(length).

I am getting this error.
Error occurred executing hive query: OK FAILED: SemanticException Generate
Map Join Task Error: Class cannot be created (missing no-arg constructor):
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.primitive.WritableHiveVarcharObjectInspector
Serialization trace: objectInspector
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ColumnInfo) signature
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.RowSchema) rowSchema
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator) childOperators
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.SelectOperator) childOperators
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.GroupByOperator) opParseCtxMap
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.plan.MapWork) mapWork
(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.plan.MapredWork)

Re: varchar

Posted by Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
What version of Hive?
Do you have some sample SQL?