Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by axis cpp <ax...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/20 09:07:24 UTC

ANNOUNCEMENT: Axis C++ 1.5 final is released.

Hi All;

Axis C++ 1.5 Final has been released and can be downloaded at

http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/

The 1.5 Final Release is a major bug fixes release plus some improvements.

Improvements

New client side transport
This is called Axis3 transport.This is a cleaner and extensible Transport compared to Axis2Transport.

WSDL tool fixes to handle nil types.

Supports Broader XSD types.

Supports Broader XSD Any types

Test Framework built on Ant, which includes client & server side.

Bug fixes

AXISCPP-605
AXISCPP-602
AXISCPP-600
AXISCPP-596
AXISCPP-594
AXISCPP-593
AXISCPP-592
AXISCPP-591
AXISCPP-590
AXISCPP-589
AXISCPP-587
AXISCPP-586
AXISCPP-585
AXISCPP-584
AXISCPP-583
AXISCPP-582
AXISCPP-581
AXISCPP-579
AXISCPP-576
AXISCPP-575
AXISCPP-569
AXISCPP-568
AXISCPP-567
AXISCPP-566
AXISCPP-564
AXISCPP-562
AXISCPP-561
AXISCPP-560
AXISCPP-556
AXISCPP-555
AXISCPP-553
AXISCPP-550
AXISCPP-549
AXISCPP-545
AXISCPP-534
AXISCPP-532
AXISCPP-531
AXISCPP-530
AXISCPP-528
AXISCPP-525
AXISCPP-524
AXISCPP-523
AXISCPP-521
AXISCPP-520
AXISCPP-518
AXISCPP-517
AXISCPP-516
AXISCPP-514
AXISCPP-513
AXISCPP-511
AXISCPP-510
AXISCPP-509
AXISCPP-508
AXISCPP-507
AXISCPP-504
AXISCPP-503
AXISCPP-502
AXISCPP-501
AXISCPP-500
AXISCPP-499
AXISCPP-498
AXISCPP-497
AXISCPP-496
AXISCPP-495
AXISCPP-494
AXISCPP-493
AXISCPP-492
AXISCPP-491
AXISCPP-490
AXISCPP-489
AXISCPP-488
AXISCPP-487
AXISCPP-486
AXISCPP-485
AXISCPP-484
AXISCPP-483
AXISCPP-482
AXISCPP-481
AXISCPP-480
AXISCPP-479
AXISCPP-478
AXISCPP-477
AXISCPP-475
AXISCPP-474
AXISCPP-472
AXISCPP-470
AXISCPP-469
AXISCPP-468
AXISCPP-466
AXISCPP-465
AXISCPP-464
AXISCPP-463
AXISCPP-462
AXISCPP-459
AXISCPP-457
AXISCPP-456
AXISCPP-454
AXISCPP-453
AXISCPP-451
AXISCPP-450
AXISCPP-447
AXISCPP-446
AXISCPP-444
AXISCPP-443
AXISCPP-442
AXISCPP-441
AXISCPP-437
AXISCPP-436
AXISCPP-433
AXISCPP-431
AXISCPP-430
AXISCPP-428
AXISCPP-425
AXISCPP-420
AXISCPP-419
AXISCPP-418
AXISCPP-417
AXISCPP-415
AXISCPP-414
AXISCPP-413
AXISCPP-410
AXISCPP-409
AXISCPP-408
AXISCPP-407
AXISCPP-403
AXISCPP-400
AXISCPP-398
AXISCPP-392
AXISCPP-390
AXISCPP-389
AXISCPP-385
AXISCPP-383
AXISCPP-376
AXISCPP-375
AXISCPP-371
AXISCPP-364
AXISCPP-355
AXISCPP-348
AXISCPP-346
AXISCPP-344
AXISCPP-341
AXISCPP-340
AXISCPP-335
AXISCPP-331
AXISCPP-310
AXISCPP-306
AXISCPP-305
AXISCPP-303
AXISCPP-300
AXISCPP-293
AXISCPP-288
AXISCPP-270
AXISCPP-268
AXISCPP-242
AXISCPP-216
AXISCPP-207
AXISCPP-164

Known Issues:

GNU make based build system is not working.
Out of the two parsers Expat and Xerces, only Xerces is supported.
C support is not complete.
There are no vc projects for samples
Pending bugs in Jira.

The Axis C++ Team

Re: Axis C++ 1.5 linux build broken

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hmm, I think we've got to make ourselves clearer. with regard to our build
strategy !

We started out having full support for the autobuild make system however,
over time, this has been superceded by the ANT build system. We took the
decision (not very decisively but I think we did !) that we could not keep
supporting two make systems unless there was a specific reason to do so.
We do not have  a lot of skills in the autobuild system and we have a lot
of skills in ANT.

So, to summarise, I don't think we're calling the autobuild system
"supported" and I would suggest you build using ANT.

Sorry for the inconvenience !

Simon Detheridge <si...@widgit.com>
20/04/2005 15:44
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Axis C++ 1.5 linux build broken

When running automake with this release, I get:

samples/server/Makefile.am:1: required directory
samples/server/interoptests does not exist
samples/server/Makefile.am:1: required directory samples/server/simple
does not exist
tests/Makefile.am:1: required directory tests/server does not exist

Which appears to cause (or at least be related to) the following error
during configure:

config.status: creating src/xml/tspp/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: samples/Makefile.in

Building with --enable-samples=no and removing all "samples/" lines from
configure.ac and removing @SAMPLESBUILD@, @TESTCASESBUILD@, and
deploy_interoptests.sh from the main Makefile.am gets around this
problem, (at least it builds, I'm still testing it) but it's far from
ideal. (I can't test my installation beyond seeing if the server starts)

What's up? It seems a bit strange to promote a release from 'alpha'
(which at least configured) to 'final' with these problems... Or am I
doing something *really* wrong? :-/

--
Simon Detheridge
SEN Developer, Widgit Software