Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/11/17 01:20:24 UTC

[VOTE-RESULT] Avalon PMC

Following the closure of the Avalon PMC recommendation vote on midnight
GMT Saturday 16 November, 2002, the result of the vote was affermative
with approximately 29% of committers registering a vote.

   Number of committers: 31
   Number of votes counted: 9
   Result: recommendation endorced

   Count:

     YES: 9
     NO: 0
     ABSTAIN: 0

   Votes:

     Barozzi, Nicola Ken (chair)          +1
     Bennet, Charles                      +1
     Crafter, Marcus (member)             +1
     McConnell, Stephen  (member)         +1
     Simons, Leo (member)                 +1
     Schier, Marc                         +1
     Sutic, Leo (member)                  +1
     Turner, Jeff (member)                +1
     Ziegeler, Carsten (member)           +1

The original vote is included below for reference.  The Apache Board
meeting is scheduled for Monday 18 November 2002. In accordance with the
result of this vote, the resolution for the formation of the Avalon PMC
will be forwarded shortly to the Apache Board for consideration.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: [VOTE-RESULT] Avalon PMC

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Following the closure of the Avalon PMC recommendation vote on
> midnight GMT Saturday 16 November, 2002, the result of the vote was
> affermative with approximately 29% of committers registering a vote.
>
>   Number of committers: 31
>   Number of votes counted: 9
>   Result: recommendation endorced
>
>   Count:
>
>     YES: 9
>     NO: 0
>     ABSTAIN: 0
>
>   Votes:
>
>     Barozzi, Nicola Ken (chair)          +1
>     Bennet, Charles                      +1
>     Crafter, Marcus (member)             +1
>     McConnell, Stephen  (member)         +1
>     Simons, Leo (member)                 +1
>     Schier, Marc                         +1
>     Sutic, Leo (member)                  +1
>     Turner, Jeff (member)                +1
>     Ziegeler, Carsten (member)           +1

I really dislike that the vote happened so quickly.  It should have been
open for a whole week instead of
a couple days.  It feels far too rushed, and I don't think the
consequences of the actions are well thought
out.  My head is still reeling from all that has gone on.