Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Alistair Wilson <al...@oracle.com> on 2011/01/04 18:16:39 UTC

Re: Build process question

Thanks for the info.

I've read the release process document which is very similar to our
process up to a point but does not cover a case where additional
archives are generated and built.  For example, in addition to building
the bridge sample war files during the maven deploy lifecycle and
deploying them to a repository, the samples are also gathered together
in zips/tars to be downloaded from the myfaces bridge site.  These
additional files do not belong in a maven repository so, answering my
own question, I suggest we'll be okay putting these additional files in
a private people.apache.org directory for review as before.

Re: Build process question

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Alistair!

You can easily add those bundles to maven also. We have a few projects with their own 'distribution' or 'assembly' module which use the maven-assembly-plugin [1] to create those tar.gz and zip files. Usually the plugin is in a profile calles 'apache-release' or the while child-module only gets added in this profile, so this bundling will only be performed at release time.

Please see myfaces-core and myfaces-ext-cdi for an example.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/