Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dorian <do...@foobarsystems.com> on 2004/07/22 19:47:09 UTC

apache mod_dir/mod_negotiation behavior on an svn repository

i was wondering if there was a way to get the behaviors of mod_dir,
mod_mime and mod_negotiation going on an svn repository in apache,
so that i can serve versioned content transparently on an internal
web server. assuming these modules rely on subrequests, i'd imagine
it possible to hook them back in before the svn response handler
gets to them. i'm basically after the capabilities of MultiViews
and DirectoryIndex, and proper mime typing for svn-versioned
resources.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

.dorian

Re: apache mod_dir/mod_negotiation behavior on an svn repository

Posted by dorian <do...@foobarsystems.com>.
> Dont't think I can do anything to help you with mod_negotiation or mod_dir.
>
> But as far as proper mime-types, you can set the svn:mime-type on
> files and whatever mime-type you set will be sent to http clients.

yeah, i was hoping for the traditional type mapping and variant
handling available to regular file resources in apache. perhaps a
map-to-storage handler or something can be injected to correct the
behavior - unfortunately i'm not *that* well versed in the apache
2.0 api.

i'll keep looking and post back any solutions i find.

Posted by Ben Reser <br...@gmail.com>.