Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/07 06:14:27 UTC

Re: Can build 10000+ Continuous Queries for one cache which has more than a hundred million data

Hi victor.x.qu,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
receives email notifications? Just follow the simple instruction here:

victor.x.qu wrote
> Hi
>
> Firstly, my English is not good,sorry about this, maybe google say English
> better than me.
>
> I have a scene:
> I need to use some rule do filter from some data which more than a hundred
> million.
> The filter rule is set by user and the number of the rule will more than
> 10000+ ,  also user will add/change/delete some rule.
> Every filter rule has a complex condition to filter.
>
> Can i use Continuous Queries to do the filter in real time.
>
> Thanks very much

It sounds like continuous queries can be an option. But if the condition is
really complex, updates are frequent and there is no requirement to receive
each update on the client with the lowest possible latency, I would
recommend to try using SQL queries instead - just periodically query the
data that is required by the client. Most likely the performance will be
better in this case. For more information about SQL support in Ignite refer
to documentation [1].

Let us know if it is helpful.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries

Re: Can build 10000+ Continuous Queries for one cache which has more than a hundred million data

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

If all SQL query indexes ([1] and [2])  are properly configured then you
shouldn't observe any significant performance degradation.

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries#section-single-column-indexes
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries#section-group-indexes

--