Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amir Weiss <am...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/20 13:51:09 UTC

Activating a batch file when Tomcat service is started

Hi,

How can I make a batch file activated when the Tomcat service is
(re)started?

thanks,
--Amir.

Re: Activating a batch file when Tomcat service is started

Posted by Mladen Adamovic <ad...@blic.net>.
Amir Weiss wrote:
> How can I make a batch file activated when the Tomcat service is
> (re)started?
You could make it activated before first web access.
use static MyClass = new MyClass() in index.jsp

In MyClass constructor use something like:
        <snip>
        Process proces=null;
        try {
            proces = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmdopt, null, new
File(tempDirectory));
        } catch (IOException ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
        <snip>

It is rough idea but it should be helpful.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://www.online-utility.org  http://www.shortopedia.com