Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andrea Jahn <an...@googlemail.com> on 2008/06/17 14:03:02 UTC

JUnit tests for Swarm

Hi,

I would like to write JUnit tests for the Swarm/Wasp security layer of our
application.

Am I right, that it would make sense to test the wicket layer independent of
the security layer
and separately the Wasp/Swarm functionality ?

How could I start doing this or perhaps are there examples existing ???

Thanks
Andrea

Re: JUnit tests for Swarm

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well it depends on what you want to test.

with the 1.3-snapshots you can test independtly, see HiveTest which
tests your policy file. you can expand on that to test if certain
subjects have the permissions you expect them too, if all your pages
are accounted for in the policy file, etc.

But somethings just have to be tested with a running wicket
application, for instance componentpermission inheritance, or you end
up duplicating a lot. see for instance the testcases in the swarm
project.

Maurice