Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Andre Landwehr <an...@gmx.net> on 2000/05/15 15:32:12 UTC

different Apache child?

Hi,
I have a page with several <form>fields on it and try to evaluate
these fields on another page with %fdat (they are passed via
post method). On that other page I use an "Execute" statement
before I use %fdat. In most cases I get correct data, but
sometimes %fdat contains data from previous requests to my
page. This odd behaviour is no longer reproducable as soon as I
delete the "Execute" statement.
Is it possible that Execute leads to a different Apache child
handling the request, which of course would have different data
in %fdat? Since I did use similar constructions many times before
without any problems it is also very possible that I just don't
see the obvious here, so could somebody please give me a hint?

Btw: my embperl version is 1.3b2

Andre

Re: different Apache child?

Posted by Andre Landwehr <an...@gmx.net>.
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 03:52:57PM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > Since I did use similar constructions many times before
> > without any problems it is also very possible that I just don't
> > see the obvious here, so could somebody please give me a hint?

After further tests it seems no longer to be embperl's fault but
a rather nasty bug in my own code *blush*
%fdat always holds the correct values

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience...

Andre

RE: different Apache child?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,
> I have a page with several <form>fields on it and try to evaluate
> these fields on another page with %fdat (they are passed via
> post method). On that other page I use an "Execute" statement
> before I use %fdat. In most cases I get correct data, but
> sometimes %fdat contains data from previous requests to my
> page. This odd behaviour is no longer reproducable as soon as I
> delete the "Execute" statement.

sounds strange..., but %fdat is global, so anything you do inside the
executed page will also visible after the return of the Execute. How does
%fdat look inside the called page? ok or not?

> Is it possible that Execute leads to a different Apache child
> handling the request, which of course would have different data
> in %fdat?

No, Execute runs always in the same Apache child.

> Since I did use similar constructions many times before
> without any problems it is also very possible that I just don't
> see the obvious here, so could somebody please give me a hint?
>
> Btw: my embperl version is 1.3b2

Which version of mod_perl? Is mod_perl build as DSO?

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151