Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "Michael G. Noll" <mi...@michael-noll.com> on 2014/03/24 19:42:06 UTC

nathanmarz/storm-starter: add note that project is being moved?

Hi all,

a few days ago Taylor started to migrate/merge the storm-starter project
into the core Storm project.

However we still have the legacy storm-starter project under Nathan's
GitHub account [1], and people continue to ask questions there and even
send pull requests and patches (including such patches that have already
been introduced during the storm-starter migration, e.g. maven build
consolidation) [2].

Wouldn't it make sense to add a prominent warning to the legacy
storm-starter project that it has found a new home?  (Is the move
already considered complete, by the way?)

And if the answer to the "add a warning?" is yes, what shall happen to
the legacy project?  Keep it there for historical purposes, expire it
after N months have passed, or...?

Best,
Michael

[1] https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm-starter
[2] https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm-starter/pull/56

Re: nathanmarz/storm-starter: add note that project is being moved?

Posted by Nathan Marz <na...@nathanmarz.com>.
Thanks, good point. I added a notice to the readme indicating it has moved.

--
Twitter: @nathanmarz
http://nathanmarz.com