Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by 王仁敏 <wr...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/08 09:33:47 UTC

Some Suggestions about incubator-weex

Those day I spend some time updating Travis CI of incubator-weex, during
the development process, I found some problems and the below is my
suggestion,

# FIrst I recommend prohibiting merging the PR that Travis CI builds failed

Travis CI build failed means that there is something wrong. If we force to
merge the PR, it will lead to bugs even crash. We should Prohibited force
merge PR that Travis CI builds failed into the main branch. (but the
committer now has permission to merge the PRs that failed Travis CI build
failed, and there have been some cases where PR builds failed but were
merged into the main branch.)

# Second, I recommend increasing Travis CI's resources

Now Weex's Travis CI does not allow parallel builds, which means that new
Travis CI job must wait until the existing Travis CI job complete.

But It takes about 20 minutes to build a Travis CI once now, with more and
more checks will be added to Travis CI, the wait time will get longer and
longer, even unbearable.

Best regards.
Renmin Wang

Re: Some Suggestions about incubator-weex

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Actually, I never the number of Travis concurrent build in Weex is larger than 1, however, I do notice the maximum concurrent jobs in one build is five [1].

Anyway, I think we have no choice but live with limited Travis CI resource we have.

[1] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/for-beginners/#builds-jobs-stages-and-phases <https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/for-beginners/#builds-jobs-stages-and-phases>

Posted by 王仁敏 <wr...@gmail.com>.
1. All projects using Travis share the same pool of resources.

2. The ASF pays Travis for ~40 builders. each project is limited to no more
than 5 concurrent builds.

links:

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18862

2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18892

York Shen <sh...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月16日周五 下午5:05写道:

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Status check to pass before merge is enabled now.

Posted by 王仁敏 <wr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for both of you.

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.