Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com> on 2010/08/17 19:48:53 UTC

Just wondering if anyone on this list is interested in this?

Hi All:
Is there any interest in making OFBiz 10.4 (and all the 10.x) releases
compatible with Java 1.5? Requiring 1.6 is a real show stopper for me.
But I'm wondering if anyone else out there really cares at all about this?

Regards,
Ruth Hoffman

Re: Just wondering if anyone on this list is interested in this?

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
True.
Thanks again for taking time to help me out here.
Regards,
Ruth

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi BJ:

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM, BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> wrote:

> simple answer is the current code will not compile with 1.5.

I'm trying to resolve that against the relatively small number of documented
changes from 5.0 to 6.0.

I had a feeling Ruth's problem involved 32-bit OSX.  Not much you can do
there.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: Just wondering if anyone on this list is interested in this?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
I'll consider before make Ofbiz 10.4 compatible with Java 5 if it worths the
effort. Probably you'll found much easier upgrading your SO rather making
Ofbiz compatible, but I'm not the right person to confirm that since my
knowledge of how many Java 6 stuff are in the entire Ofbiz code is very
little.

--
-----

Jonatan Soto

Re: Just wondering if anyone on this list is interested in this?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Patrick:

Posted by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the only thing you would not do is change you path.
that way those that depend on 1.5 will still work.
you would hard code the paths to 1.6 into the ofbiz stuff.

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 8/17/2010 1:38 PM:

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Rob:

Posted by Rob Schapper <ro...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.