Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Paul Hodgetts <pa...@zzyzxtek.com> on 2000/09/09 01:58:51 UTC

Nightly Builds Have Old Source Code

I was just trying to update to the latest nightly build version,
and it looks like the nightly builds dated 08-Sep-2000 03:31
contain at least some old source code.

For example, the EjbcHelper task now looks to be the old version
when the paths were just String, not Path, and before it checked
build.compiler for Jikes, etc.  I don't know what else is old,
since I stopped there until I can compile a current version.

Perhaps someone needs to take a look at the nightly build process
and make sure it is checking out the very latest source files for
inclusion in the nightly build zips.

Thanks,
Paul Hodgetts

Re: Nightly Builds Have Old Source Code

Posted by Paul Hodgetts <pa...@zzyzxtek.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 >  PH> I was just trying to update to the latest nightly build version,
 >  PH> and it looks like the nightly builds dated 08-Sep-2000 03:31
 >  PH> contain at least some old source code.
 >
 > I've just checked the nightly build of 2000-09-11 (looked into tar.gz
 > only though). Conor's and my latest commits are missing, everything
 > else looks fine.

2000-09-10 was OK as well.  But 2000-09-08 had an old EjbcHelper.java,
prior to all the rework.  Maybe something glitched on that day's build?
FWIW, I usually grab the .zip versions.

Thanks for checking,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 PH> I was just trying to update to the latest nightly build version,
 PH> and it looks like the nightly builds dated 08-Sep-2000 03:31
 PH> contain at least some old source code.

I've just checked the nightly build of 2000-09-11 (looked into tar.gz
only though). Conor's and my latest commits are missing, everything
else looks fine.

Stefan