Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/31 03:18:26 UTC

cordova platfor update DOA for cordova-android@4.1.0

I think we need to fix and release a 4.1.1 this CB-9428 fixed before new
cordova-cli get's released.

the update logic lives in the platform update script, not the cordova cli

basically doing an upgrade today like "cordova platform update android@4.1.0"
is DOA when trying to build because the minSDK for CordovaLib get's updated
to 14, but the minSDK for the App remains untouched to 10

if a new cordova-cli get's released with android 4.1.0 pinned, then the
default platform update "cordova platform update"  problem will be more
prevalent and spread

Re: cordova platfor update DOA for cordova-android@4.1.0

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
+1 to Joe, this update is 4.1.0 (major version bump) because the support
for API Level 10 was removed

BTW, Carlos, I've seen that you changed the issue priority from Minor to
Critical, I set it to Minor because there is an easy workaround, just tell
the user to add the android-minSdkVersion preference with value 14 or
greater on the config.xml  but<preference name="android-minSdkVersion"
value="14" />

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Murat Sutunc <mu...@microsoft.com>.