Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com> on 2003/07/02 05:36:25 UTC

IsInfected mailet

Hi,

Recently I received a message and had it forwarded to Postmaster with
the following error:
> Error message below:
> Embedded configuration exception was: No attribute named
> "onMatchException" is associated with the configuration element
> "mailet" at
> file:/usr/local/james2/phoenix/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml:99:22

What's the problem? The mailet doesn't need onMatchException or
onMailetException attribute in the config file, does it?

Thanks in advance,
Oki
ps: I attached the message, because I'm still wondering what might have
caused the error.

RE: IsInfected mailet

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Oki,

the on{Match|Mailet}Exception functionality introduced in James 2.2.0a5 had a bug fixed *after* 2.2.0a7 (that probably is the test build version that you are using) and committed to CVS on June 25. A new test build has not been released since that.

To recap, if MessagingException is thrown by a matcher/mailet, since 2.2.0a5 it is catched up in the stack and managed by the on{Match|Mailet}Exception mechanism above and, if such XML attribute is not in the <mailet ...>  entry, it defaults to sending to the "error" processor, as always has been.

The bug consists in the fact that the default is not working, and you get the behaviour you mentioned.

See the first three messages shown in http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listId=&listName=james-dev@jakarta.apache.org&searchText=No+attribute+named+%22onMailetException%22+&defaultField=subject&Search=Search

Now you can either download the latest MailetConfigImpl.java source from CVS (or do a full update) and compile it or add onMatchException="xxxx" to your <mailet match='IsInfected= ...> entry. If "xxxx" is set as "error" you will get the default behaviour that you would get without coding the attribute and having the patch applied.

This problem is not related to IsInfected, but to any matcher/mailet.

Vincenzo