Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Yaswanth <ya...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 18:37:05 UTC

Need inputs on options to be used for a high throughput request / response scenario

Hi,

We are working on an application that has a message throughput of
15000-35000 messages /sec.

We need to send a request message with a unique Id and wait for response to
this id from a different system. Below are few options we found as we
browsed through the web. We need sub second response with reliability and
performance. Also the systems are clustered on either side. System has to be
up and running with minimum heap memory increase. Please let us know which
of the below options would be best

1. Synchronous non-persistent message receive with timeout on a queue using
JMS Correlation Id
2. Synchronous non-persistent message and non-durable subscriber using
receive with timeout on a topic using JMS Correlation Id
3. Queue Requestor using non-persistent message
4. Topic Requestor using non-persistent message and non-durable subscriber
5. Temporary Queues
6. Async receive using message listener and selector. In this option we are
not sure how we can implement timeout if response is not received within a
particular time

Looking forward for inputs on the same

Thanks in advance
Yaswanth