Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Markus Jais <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2007/02/22 14:22:45 UTC

PhaseListener question

hello

I have a question about PhaseListeners.

this is my code:

public class MyPhaseListener implements PhaseListener
{

  public MyPhaseListener() {
  }

  public PhaseId getPhaseId() {
	return PhaseId.ANY_PHASE;
  }

  public void beforePhase(PhaseEvent event) {
    System.out.println("BEFORE:" +
event.getPhaseId());
  }
  public void afterPhase(PhaseEvent event) {
   System.out.println("AFTER:" + event.getPhaseId());
  }
}

whenever I call a web page only the beforePhase seems
to be called.

I get this output when calling a page in my app:

BEFORE:RESTORE_VIEW 1
BEFORE:APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES 2
BEFORE:PROCESS_VALIDATIONS 3
BEFORE:UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES 4
BEFORE:INVOKE_APPLICATION 5
BEFORE:RESTORE_VIEW 1
BEFORE:RENDER_RESPONSE 6

but never any "AFTER".
why is that ?

I want to use a PhaseListener to use JAAS on JBoss
with Tomcat and all the examples I found via google
use the afterPhase Method for implementing this.
I get the behavior with both MyFaces and the JSF 1.2
RI.

best regards

Markus