Posted to user@ode.apache.org by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> on 2008/02/02 12:17:56 UTC

Shrinking the ODE database

Is there a roadmap on how to shrink the database.
Where should I hook into the JBI ODE package?
Is there an order to deleting records out of the
tables upon completion of a BPEL transaction?
So far it looks like there are about 8 tables
that keep on growing.   Better yet, is there
some software that is already written to handle this?
TIA

Re: Shrinking the ODE database

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 2/2/08, jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> wrote:

> Is there a roadmap on how to shrink the database.
> Where should I hook into the JBI ODE package?
> Is there an order to deleting records out of the
> tables upon completion of a BPEL transaction?
> So far it looks like there are about 8 tables
> that keep on growing.   Better yet, is there
> some software that is already written to handle this?

Hi Joe,

Your best bet is to write an SQL script that removes unwanted data from the
tables according to your needs and storage limitations.

Since data archival and purging policies vary between organizations, there
is no out-of-the-box tool for this at the moment.

alex