Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net> on 2005/12/17 21:46:33 UTC

Outstanding 2.0 Bugs

Gang:

Here are a few bugs I have found or that have been reported on the
lists:

- Perl bridge demo content is trying to access the jetspeed-logo.gif
using the old content server urls: this generates 404s now in the logs.

- Nested layouts no longer are rendering correctly. You should be able
to see this after logging in as user/user and going to the nested layout
page.

- Jetspeed page content is not setting Cache-control or Expires HTTP
headers and will thus be cached by HTTP proxies.

Unless I hear from someone, I suppose I'll end up creating JIRA issues
for these and working on them. I am not sure which of these should be
considered for the 2.01 release. I'd vote for the nested layouts, since
I cannot deploy the 2.0 release to production with that bug.

Let me know if you want to take a look at these or which you vote for
2.01.

Randy

Re: Outstanding 2.0 Bugs

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@earthlink.net>.
Randy Watler wrote:

>Gang:
>
>Here are a few bugs I have found or that have been reported on the
>lists:
>
>- Perl bridge demo content is trying to access the jetspeed-logo.gif
>using the old content server urls: this generates 404s now in the logs.

I'll take care of this one

Re: Outstanding 2.0 Bugs

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Gang:
>
> Here are a few bugs I have found or that have been reported on the
> lists:
>
> - Perl bridge demo content is trying to access the jetspeed-logo.gif
> using the old content server urls: this generates 404s now in the logs.
>
> - Nested layouts no longer are rendering correctly. You should be able
> to see this after logging in as user/user and going to the nested layout
> page.
>
> - Jetspeed page content is not setting Cache-control or Expires HTTP
> headers and will thus be cached by HTTP proxies.
>
> Unless I hear from someone, I suppose I'll end up creating JIRA issues
> for these and working on them. I am not sure which of these should be
> considered for the 2.01 release. I'd vote for the nested layouts, since
> I cannot deploy the 2.0 release to production with that bug.
>
> Let me know if you want to take a look at these or which you vote for
> 2.01.

+1 on the issues above.
Additionally, Ate is working on a few installer issues.
I will let him comment in more detail on that

Im working on:
* portlet selector fix
* possibly defaulting system wide decorators
* a base URL that can be hardcoded via a configuration file
* a few people have asked for me to get JS2-449 into 2.01, but Im a
little hesitant as its a big change