Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dennie de Lange <dd...@dgoexpress.nl> on 2006/03/22 10:58:40 UTC

Render values of Session bean after update in valueChangeEvent

Hello,

When I update values of a backing (session-scoped) bean in a
ValueChangeListener like this: (immediate=false)

1.	Update values of backing bean
2.	Call render response

The new values of the backing bean aren't displayed in the webpage!
Except the values which have a converter assigned to them.

I have read about problems with the UPDATE_MODEL_PHASE, but this doesn't
apply because the bean update is a session-scoped instance.

How should this work? Should renderresponse retrieve all values from the
backing bean or does it cache the view to display it again?

Hope you have a solution to the problem.

Extra note:

The page also displays a dataTable with a backing datamodel based on
childelements of the session-scoped bean. These values DO get updated

when changed in valueChangeListener method.

Greets,

Dennie de Lange