Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 16:28:52 UTC

[all] Re: [math] contributing Levenberg-Marquardt, Gauss-Newton, ODE, Brendt solver and more

Excellent.  I will follow up to make sure the CLA and SG have been
received / acked.

Then, IIUC, the next thing for us to do is either [vote] to accept the
entire donation or start discussing individual bits, to be submitted
as separate patches.  My personal preference would be to accept and
commit the entire codebase into /experimental and then refactor and
merge into the 1.2, etc release branches incrementally as we discuss
APIs and such.  The downside of this approach is that some of the code
committed to /experimental may never get released (at least while we
are in j-c).

I am having a hard time locating Robert's notes here and at incubator
on how this was done for [pool].  Any process pointers, or opinions on
which way to go above, would be greatly appreciated.

Phil