Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov> on 2011/11/11 02:56:30 UTC

Is there a way to get only keys with get_indexed_slices?

Is there a way to get only keys with get_indexed_slices?
Looking at the code, it's not possible, but -- is there some way anyhow?
I don't want to extract any data, just a list of matching keys.

TIA,

Maxim

Re: Is there a way to get only keys with get_indexed_slices?

Posted by Filipe Gonçalves <th...@gmail.com>.
You can, just set the number of columns returned to zero (count
parameter in the slice range).

The indexed slices thrift call is

    get_indexed_slices(ColumnParent column_parent, IndexClause
index_clause, SlicePredicate predicate, ConsistencyLevel
consistency_level)

the count parameter is in the SliceRange within the SlicePredicate (If
you are using the thrift interface directly).

--
Filipe Gonçalves