Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Steinmetz <st...@ISI.EDU> on 2007/09/05 23:24:15 UTC

Template Caching

I've noticed that Tapestry seems to be somehow caching my templates even
when I rebuild and redeploy my web app. How do I prevent this? It's making
it very difficult to make changes while I debug.

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz

RE: Template Caching

Posted by Jean-Philippe Steinmetz <st...@ISI.EDU>.
Thanks for the response. I actually just caught that WTP and Tomcat thread.
I'm using 5.0.5 and have been using Tomcat6 as my server. I have been doing
exactly what you were doing: build, drop war into Tomcat and test (which is
an annoying process as it is). I've since discovered the tomcat plug-in for
maven that seems to have solved the problem actually (at least so far).

So with that I've dropped my existing testing pipeline down to one command:
mvn tomcat:run

I found the following page rather useful.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/deployment.html

Unfortunately I don't have much choice for which server to use. I'm stuck
with Tomcat for now. Thanks again.

Jean-Philippe

Re: Template Caching

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.