Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steve Schwarz <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/16 19:19:38 UTC

Generating XML from flow for auth-fw

Hi
I've written some flowscript to perform login validation using OJB and on
success I end up with a populated bean. I then call sendPage() to a pipeline
that uses JXPathGenerator along with the bean to create the XML that meets
the needs of the authentication framework.

My problem is that while the auth-fw invokes my flow appropriately to
validate the login, my calling sendPage() provides the output XML directly
to the browser. The auth-fw needs be to return XML directly to it.

I looked in PipelineAuthenticator.java and it's authenticate() method is
performing:
                source = SourceUtil.getSource(authenticationResourceName,
null,
                                              parameters, this.resolver);
                doc = SourceUtil.toDOM(source);
on my validation flow pipeline.

Can someone give me an idea how I can either:
- invoke a pipeline from within flow with my bean whose output is returned
to the flow caller instead of sent to the browser.
- how to directly return XML from within flow (I can have Castor marshal my
bean if I have to).

The auth-fw flow example just reads the login info from an XML file on disk
with an appropriate stylesheet to retrieve only the desired login info (or
none as appropriate); so it doesn't cover this scenario.

Thanks for any pointers,
Steve