Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org> on 2021/12/14 09:20:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next release cut

Hi everybody,

I believe that we never really clarified when the next release should
happen. We agreed on a yearly frequency but did not go down on the details.
It might be worth it to clarify them so that we are sure that everybody is
on the same line.

We cut 4.0 in May and released it in July. It is difficult to plan for a
release date so we should probably agree on the cut date. One year after
4.0 that would make us cut the new branch in May.

Does it match your expectations or are there any concerns?

Re: [DISCUSS] Next release cut

Posted by Caleb Rackliffe <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Next release cut