Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2019/04/26 14:33:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] lazy consensus on "hbase-filesystem" repository

Hi folks!

HBASE-22149 "HBOSS: A FileSystem implementation to provide HBase's
required semantics" has an approach to reliably running HBase on top
of non-HDFS Filesystem implementations.

Copying from my comment there:

Re: [DISCUSS] lazy consensus on "hbase-filesystem" repository

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks all. Let me create this repo so we can keep this HBOSS train
moving as I think Busbey is on vacation today.

On HBASE-20952, that work, while helpful to the bigger cause, doesn't
impact anything that folks are working on with HBOSS. We could certainly
use hbase-filesystem as a place to iterate on both (the repo we use to
store the implementation we're plugging into the new WAL API). I'm sure
Duo intended this, just wanted to clarify for posterity :)

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.