Posted to sanselan-dev@incubator.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/10/06 18:40:13 UTC

DRAFT Sanselan incubator status report for October 2007

Please comment:

Sanselan entered incubation on 2007-08-27. The project is ramping up.

Mailing lists have been set up.

The svn repo has been created at incubator/sanselan.

Apache ids have been created for the original committers cmchen and
pkoch and given access to the svn repo.

Discussion is underway on on the dev alias on the structure of the
project. Agreement has been reached to use jackrabbit as the template
for the repo and a proposal is pending.

Anything else?

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: DRAFT Sanselan incubator status report for October 2007

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Charles,

On Oct 6, 2007, at 8:45 PM, Charles Matthew Chen wrote:

>> Sanselan entered incubation on 2007-08-27. The project is ramping up.
>
> Sounds great Craig,
>
>>>   Have we settled on emulating the project structure of Jackrabbit?
>>
>> I think so. To double check, you could always build the sanselan
>> structure as you would model Jackrabbit, create a patch using svn and
>> everyone could take a look.
>
>    I've prepared a patch with the initial code drop & a rough stab at
> the pom.xml, etc.
>
>    What's the best way to share this patch?  As an attachment to the
> mailing list?  As a Jira issue?  It is 164kb zipped.

This won't work as an attachment to email (our spam filter removes
attachments) but you can open a JIRA issue and attach it.

I've created an issue to which you should be able to attach your
patch. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANSELAN-1

See if you can upload a patch. If you have any trouble, we can start
from there.

Craig

Posted by Charles Matthew Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
> Sanselan entered incubation on 2007-08-27. The project is ramping up.

Sounds great Craig,

> >   Have we settled on emulating the project structure of Jackrabbit?
>
> I think so. To double check, you could always build the sanselan
> structure as you would model Jackrabbit, create a patch using svn and
> everyone could take a look.

   I've prepared a patch with the initial code drop & a rough stab at
the pom.xml, etc.

   What's the best way to share this patch?  As an attachment to the
mailing list?  As a Jira issue?  It is 164kb zipped.

> FYI, in the next few months I'll be refactoring the whole image support
> in FOP which I will take as an opportunity to add a plug-in for Sanselan.
> That way we can make sure the library has at least one more customer.
>
> Another point: Currently Sanselan requires Java 1.4 according to the
> website. I'd like that to remain so for the time being in order to
> maximize the number of possible users.
>
> Jeremias Maerki

   Sounds good, Jeremias.

Charles.