Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com> on 2001/09/07 20:25:31 UTC

Catalina Authentication+HexUtils

Does anyone have any objections to my modifying the realm authentication
classes so that hex digests are forced to uppercase for comparison? Case
is irrelevant in a base-16 hex value, so the comparison should really be
case-insensitive. I noticed this because authentication was inexplicably
failing in one of my apps.

- Christopher

/**
  * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
  * La moitié de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
  *    ---Corneille
  */

Re: Catalina Authentication+HexUtils

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.
Christopher Cain wrote:

> forced to uppercase for comparison?

... equalsIgnoreCase(), is actually what I meant =)

- Christopher

/**

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Christopher Cain wrote:

> Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:25:31 -0600
> From: Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>
> To: Tomcat Dev <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Catalina Authentication+HexUtils
>
> Does anyone have any objections to my modifying the realm authentication
> classes so that hex digests are forced to uppercase for comparison? Case
> is irrelevant in a base-16 hex value, so the comparison should really be
> case-insensitive. I noticed this because authentication was inexplicably
> failing in one of my apps.

+1.

> - Christopher

Craig