Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2000/09/01 06:44:46 UTC

Re: Status of ActivePerl in CVS

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> has anybody tried the patch that sarathy posted?

Hi,
   It seems to work ... (!) On Win98 and using ActiveState's latest
build (616) with the latest cvs mod_perl-1.24 source, VC++ 6,
and a fresh apache_1.3.12, the compilation went without
warnings, and the server started fine (I applied the patches
just as given). I'm not sure about the mod_perl tests, as
there's some issues with Win98 and this build that I'm not
sure about (independent of mod_perl), but some Apache::Registry
scripts worked fine, and a simple Apache::Hello handler also worked.
I'll test it further, but I thought I'd make it available
first - in ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ppd/,
there's mod_perl.ppd, mod_perl.tar.gz, ApacheModulePerl.dll,
httpd.conf-perl, and install.txt. Supposedly the mod_perl
stuff can be installed within ppm as
   install ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ppd/mod_perl.ppd
although if that doesn't work, if you grab the .ppd and .tar.gz
files, put them in the same directory, and type
   ppm install mod_perl.ppd
that should work. If I didn't made up the ppd file right,
the install.txt file is a dialogue of 'nmake install' on
my system (I put Perl in C:\Perl) to check. Finally, the
ApacheModulePerl.dll file should be placed in C:\Apache\modules.
httpd.conf-perl is a simple apache .conf for some mod_perl stuff.
  As I said, I haven't tested this out a lot yet, but perhaps
if there's no obvious and immediate problems, we could mention
it on the list, to get wider testing.

best regards,
randy

Re: Status of ActivePerl in CVS

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Randy Kobes wrote:

[ .. ]
> Supposedly the mod_perl
> stuff can be installed within ppm as
>    install ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ppd/mod_perl.ppd

I should mention - if ftp doesn't work, this is also available as

    install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ppd/mod_perl.ppd

best regards,
randy