Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Julien Lavigne du Cadet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/23 13:18:09 UTC

QMF protocol - Get Query messages and _objectid

Based on the documentation of the QMF protocol available here : http://qpid.apache.org/qmf-protocol.html, I'm sending Get Query Message to a broker (v0.5) to refresh my QMF objects. So far so good. However, specifying the "_objectid" field in the message doesn't seem to have an impact => every time I get a full refresh for the given class.

My code (C#) looks like that :
map.Add("_class", className);
map.Add("_objectid", objectId);

objectId is obviously an UUID.

I had a quick look at the python qmf api and _objectid doesn't seem to be implemented anywhere, whereas _class is. Is the documentation in sync with the implementation? What should I do if I want to refresh a specific object?

Many thanks,

Julien
______________________________________
Sent from my www.pageflakes.com startpage

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: QMF protocol - Get Query messages and _objectid

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.
OK... keep in mind that the protocol changes a bit betwen .5 and .6. The
new consoles are up to snuff with the upcoming protocol.

-- bk

Posted by Julien Lavigne du Cadet <j....@abc-arbitrage.com>.
I'll give it a try, thanks.

I'm not using the C# console for now, I'm working with a custom implementation compatible with qpid 0.5

> Based on the documentation of the QMF protocol available here : http://qpid.apache.org/qmf-protocol.html, I'm sending Get Query Message to a broker (v0.5) to refresh my QMF objects. So far so good. However, specifying the "_objectid" field in the message doesn't seem to have an impact => every time I get a full refresh for the given class.
>
> My code (C#) looks like that :
> map.Add("_class", className);
> map.Add("_objectid", objectId);

Try

_objectId

it should be in caps.

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.
Julien Lavigne du Cadet wrote:
> Based on the documentation of the QMF protocol available here : http://qpid.apache.org/qmf-protocol.html, I'm sending Get Query Message to a broker (v0.5) to refresh my QMF objects. So far so good. However, specifying the "_objectid" field in the message doesn't seem to have an impact => every time I get a full refresh for the given class.
>
> My code (C#) looks like that :
> map.Add("_class", className);
> map.Add("_objectid", objectId);

Try