Posted to ews-dev@ws.apache.org by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/21 11:04:02 UTC

Documentation updates ...

Descriptions of the changes: corrections, and rearranging of the text,
mostly to make it grammatically more correct and simple to read.
Content and its tone is not changed however (might need one more
reviewiew for that).

-- Venkat

Re: Documentation updates ...

Posted by Peter Smith <pe...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>.
Some review comments FYI from an EWS newbie.

general:

My understanding is that JSR 921 superceeded JSR 109 for J2EE 1.4
compliance. Yet EWS documentation refers only to JSR 109.

index.html:

Is the CVS location correct? It is different to the URL I was recently
told: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/ews/trunk/

intro.html

I found the section "How does the deployment of the web service module
work?" to be confusing because intially I assumed it described what EWS
actually *does*. But in hindsight it seems some of it is cut/paste from
the JSR and just describes what the deployment process *should* do - not
how EWS works at all. It would be much clearer if this section it was
something like a table with JSR deployment requirements in the 1st col
and a description how EWS supports the requirements (or "not yet
implemented") in the 2nd col.

Cheers
Peter

Venkat Reddy wrote:

>Descriptions of the changes: corrections, and rearranging of the text,
>mostly to make it grammatically more correct and simple to read.
>Content and its tone is not changed however (might need one more
>reviewiew for that).
>
>-- Venkat

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, ABN 27 003 693 481. It is confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive this email in error, please return to sender. Thank you.