Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "James E. King, III" <jk...@apache.org> on 2018/01/11 15:15:29 UTC

Github pull requests and CI builds

Hi folks,

I submitted a pull request for windows builds in the APR trunk being broken
since November... there are no CI builds on github pull requests.

I also made a cmake build environment for logging-log4cxx to consume apr-2
from the trunk and re-enable windows builds of log4cxx, but the APR trunk
needs to be fixed first.

Could someone tell me what is the project's current development practice
for obtaining quality in the codebase?  Are there CI builds?  How are code
merges validated for quality before they are merged?

In the Apache Thrift project, for example, we have standardized on using
the free github, travis, and appveyor tools to run full unit and
integration tests on every pull request and it has helped tremendously.
Hopefully apr is doing something similar?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Github pull requests and CI builds

Posted by Michal Karm <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 01/11/2018 04:15 PM, James E. King, III wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I submitted a pull request for windows builds in the APR trunk being broken
> since November... there are no CI builds on github pull requests.
>
> I also made a cmake build environment for logging-log4cxx to consume apr-2
> from the trunk and re-enable windows builds of log4cxx, but the APR trunk
> needs to be fixed first.
>
> Could someone tell me what is the project's current development practice for
> obtaining quality in the codebase?  Are there CI builds?  How are code merges
> validated for quality before they are merged?

I have no idea, but I could offer my humble setup here [1] and I could hook it
up to the apr upstream Github.
The problem is though the upstream processes Bugzilla attached or email sent
patches only, not pull requests, IIRC.

Cheers
Karm

[1]
https://ci.modcluster.io/job/apr-iconv-windows/
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/apr-iconv

https://ci.modcluster.io/job/apr-util-windows/
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/apr-util

https://ci.modcluster.io/job/apr-windows/
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/apr

> In the Apache Thrift project, for example, we have standardized on using the
> free github, travis, and appveyor tools to run full unit and integration tests
> on every pull request and it has helped tremendously.  Hopefully apr is doing
> something similar?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Michal Karm Babacek

--
Sent from my Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7