Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/09 06:11:56 UTC

instances at different zones?

Hi,

Is it possible to launch a cluster whose instances are at different
zones? Thanks.

-k

Re: instances at different zones?

Posted by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com>.
I wan to compare the effect of communication load between nodes for
different partitioning scheme . Having all instances in the same zone
makes the latency between nodes too small to detect any significant
difference. That's why I wanted to have instances in different zone.

Anyway, I found a solution which uses netem to introduce a delay to
all the connections out of the instances.

Cheers.

-k

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.