Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/24 21:49:48 UTC

Configuring maven-javadoc-plugin in reporting section?

Good afternoon,

It was my understanding that if I configured the maven-javadoc-plugin in my
pom.xml's <reporting> section, that this configuration would also configure
the plugin for running as part of a build, or when invoked from the command
line.  I made this assumption based off the following statement from the Maven
POM reference <http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Reporting>:

a plugin configuration under the reporting element works as build plugin
> configuration

But I am not seeing this; when I run with the -X option, configuration items
that I have set here are not being reflected in the debugging output.

For example, I have done this:

<reporting>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <version>2.8</version>
      <configuration>
        <author>*false*</author>
        <!-- and so on -->

...but my debug output from running mvn -X javadoc:javadoc is (in part):

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.8:javadoc' with basic
configurator -->
[DEBUG]   (f) aggregate = false
[DEBUG]   (f) author = true

I am using Maven 3.0.3.

What have I done wrong or misunderstood?

Best,
Laird

Re: Configuring maven-javadoc-plugin in reporting section?

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> The configuration from reporting section will be used only when you will
> use site plugin.

Thank you.  So I must maintain two identical configurations?  I don't mean
this to sound rude.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

--