Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Leif Torger Grøndahl <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/08 16:26:02 UTC

Issue with dynamic generated JSF-components and Norwegian Charset (i18n)

Hi,
for reasons not relevant to this issue I have chosen to create a jsf
HtmlPanelGrid dynamic at backingbean-level. This grid consists of several other
jsf-components, also generated dynamically. This works fine, but there seems to
be an issue with the norwegian letters "æ", "ø" and "å". The letters are
displayed correctly at jsp-level / at the clientside when they are part of
strings inside dynamically generated HtmlOutputText-components inside the
dynamically generated grid. Inside the HtmlPanelGrid there are also dynamically
generated HtmlCommandLink with UIParameters. The links works fine, even with
UIParameters containing the norwegian letters æ,ø and å. The problem occurs when
I try to use the UIparameter-value in a jsp-page after the commandlink is
executed. Example: When I try to display the UI-parameter-value at JSP-level
like this:

<t:outputText style="breadcrumb" value="#{tabnavigering.kategorinavn}"
escape="false" id="kategorinavigasjon"/>,

The three letters "æ", "ø" and å" are then replaced with &#198; &#216; and
&#229; in the browser. The "value" fetched data from the method getKategorinavn
which returns the value passed as an UIParameter from the commandLink.
I've compared the HTML-code that is generated by HtmlCommandLink with HTML-code
that is generated by my dynamically generated HtmlCommandLink, and this code
looks the same. That is: the letters æøå are translated to &#198; &#216; and
&#229; when they are used as UIParameters inside the CommandLink in both cases.
However, they are displayed differently when displayed with the jsp-tag above.
Howcome?
I am using tomahawk for the outputText - tag..  And at Bakcingbeanlevel I use
javax.faces - components when building my tablegrid..