Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Geoff Seel <ge...@foto.co.uk> on 2002/09/25 10:19:54 UTC

Logging with Struts on RI: was Redirected to index.jsp unexpectedly

Folks

Know I can't expect people on mailing lists to solve all my problems but
I was surprised that nobody could help with logging issue below. Has
anyone used Struts successfully with the Sun J2EE Reference
Implementation (1.3.1)? Does anyone know where the logs should be?
Thanks.

In message <FZ...@gseel.demon.co.uk>, Geoff Seel
<ge...@foto.co.uk> writes

--
Geoff Seel                              Voice:  +44 (0)20-8296-0684
Financial Object Toolkits Ltd.          Mobile: 0797-688-0668

Re: Logging with Struts on RI: was Redirected to index.jsp unexpectedly

Posted by Steve Gass <sg...@gass.com>.
On Wednesday 25 September 2002 04:19 am, Geoff Seel wrote:
> Folks
>
> Know I can't expect people on mailing lists to solve all my problems
> but I was surprised that nobody could help with logging issue below.
> Has anyone used Struts successfully with the Sun J2EE Reference
> Implementation (1.3.1)? Does anyone know where the logs should be?
> Thanks.
>
> In message <FZ...@gseel.demon.co.uk>, Geoff Seel
> <ge...@foto.co.uk> writes
>
> >Joe
> >
> >Thanks for suggestions. Have put sys-outs into TopLevelAction and
> > even logs and a sys-out into a version of ActionServlet but don't
> > see anything in logs. Using Sun RI 1.3.1, which I thought was
> > Tomcat based, expected to find output in catalina.<date>.log.
> > Anyone know where log stuff should be appearing?

Sorry, I use Resin, but just because it's a mistake I've made: are you
sure that there are write permissions on the log directory?

Steve

Re: Logging with Struts on RI: was Redirected to index.jsp unexpectedly

Posted by Tal Rotbart <st...@opisphere.com>.
Standard output should be in stdout.log, in $CATALINA_HOME/logs...
The logs with the dates are when the commons logging interface is used,
methinks.

Tal

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Logging with Struts on RI: was Redirected to index.jsp unexpectedly

Posted by Geoff Seel <ge...@foto.co.uk>.
Thanks Eddie and other guys.

Set up a stand-alone Tomcat and everything works, not only logging but
the Struts app itself (till it tries to access an EJB!). Exactly the
same war file fails in RI, Maybe it's because I was trying to deploy via
the deploytool, tomorrow I'll see if I can deploy directly.

In message <3D...@swbell.net>, Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>
writes

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

--