Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by aordin <ao...@disid.com> on 2007/04/24 13:48:06 UTC

Imposible set default application out of ROOT environment with TOMCAT-5.5.20?

Hi list!
I'm looking for set my application(jetspeed2 portal) like default into
Tomcat 5.5.20, i find some messages spoken about put the application
into /webapps/ROOT/ and it works but works quite bad because my
application show a lot of problems with Javascript.
Is it possible to specify that my default application in
http://localhost:8080 was /webapps/myApplication/ ?

I build one /conf/Catalina/localhost/myApplication.xml and
/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

Thank you very much!!

Adolfo.

My /conf/Catalina/localhost/myApplication.xml is:

<Context path="" docBase="myApplication" crossContext="true">

  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
         appName="Jetspeed"

userClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserPrincipalImpl"

roleClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.RolePrincipalImpl"
         useContextClassLoader="false"
         debug="0"/>

        <Resource name="jdbc/jetspeed" auth="Container"
            factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="disid.com"
password="myApplication"
            driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/myApplicationDB"
            maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"/>

        <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
characterEncoding="UTF-8"/>

</Context>

 ---------------------------  My /conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="myApplication" crossContext="true">

  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
         appName="Jetspeed"

userClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserPrincipalImpl"

roleClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.RolePrincipalImpl"
         useContextClassLoader="false"
         debug="0"/>

    <Resource name="jdbc/jetspeed" auth="Container"
            factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="myApplication"

Re: Imposible set default application out of ROOT environment with TOMCAT-5.5.20?

Posted by aordin <ao...@disid.com>.
SOLVED!!!

In first time, thank you a lot Markus!
Finally i solved the problem with Apache2, i put one apache2 server
connected to Tomcat, and with mod_proxy_ajp redirects the request to my
application.

Adolfo.

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.