Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mark Nabours <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/28 04:39:17 UTC

SQL Help -- Escape $ in case expression

Hello!

I have a case expression in my SQL query similar to
the following:

sum(case when code = 'tck$' then amount else 0 end) as
ticketSales

When the case expression is written like that, I
receive a
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException.

I changed the case expression to the following and it
works just fine:

sum(case when code like 'tck%' then amount else 0 end)
as ticketSales

Is there a way to escape the $ in my SQL query so that
it won't cause a
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException?

Or in general how do you escape characters in your SQL
query that have special meaning in iBatis (like the
#)?

Thanks,
Mark

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Re: SQL Help -- Escape $ in case expression

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yep.  Both # and $ can be escaped by doubling:  ## or $$ respectively.

Clinton