Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2016/08/01 19:32:12 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Changing the FeaturesService.installFeatures() API...

When implementing the fix for KARAF-4642, I noticed that the
FeaturesService's installFeatures() method takes a Set<String>
(Set<Feature> in 3.0.x).  I propose we change that when we can to
Iterable<String> to indicate that we will iterate through what they give us
and install them *in order*.  It would be a source compatible change, but
not a binary compatible change (existing folks will need to rebuild their
code).  This will allow the BootFeaturesInstaller to pass in a List<String>
instead of Set<String>.  The main issue here is that order is definitely
important when installing features.  What do you guys think?

James

Re: [PROPOSAL] Changing the FeaturesService.installFeatures() API...

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
It makes sense to me. I've always understood the boot features as
having been an ordered list.

Cheers,
Jamie