Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/09/22 08:58:53 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Trivial Update of "SpaceResolution" by JeremiasMaerki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/SpaceResolution

  A special Position descendant will be needed to hold the resolved space-specifier so the LM that will be generating the space will have all the necessary information in addAreas(). After all, a single LM does not know with which other space from other LMs his space interacted.

- '''Reminder''': an empty block (<fo:block/>) will not split a space-sequence, but !BlockStackingLayoutManager currently adds a box (w=0) to the element list so an "id" present on the empty block will still be registered by a later addAreas(). This will interfere with the correct detection of space-sequences. This will need to be looked at, eventually.
+ '''Reminder''': an empty block (<fo:block/>) will not split a space-sequence, but !BlockStackingLayoutManager currently adds a box (w=0) to the element list so an "id" present on the empty block will still be registered by a later addAreas(). This will interfere with the correct detection of space-sequences. This will need to be looked at, eventually. (Case 3d under 4.2.5 Stacking constraints!)

  Someone seems to have started space-start|-end support (see !SpaceSpecifier and stuff in !LayoutContext) long ago, before we introduced Knuth approach. We'll have to revisit that since this has currently no effect on the inline element list but only on the areas produced. That means that if you specify a space-start on an fo:inline you will get a space but line breaking will be off. I hope we'll be able to use the stuff I'm building for inline-level spaces, too.