Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/29 01:18:28 UTC

CGI "SERVER_PROTOCOL"

A bugs-mail submitter says the CGI env var "SERVER_PROTOCOL" should be
bumped up to 1.1

It's being set to the protocol of the incoming request which may well
be the intention, in which case the variable name is unfortunate.

comments ?

Re: CGI "SERVER_PROTOCOL"

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
I think it should be set to the protocol being used for the request.  I
agree the name is unfortunate.  I can't think of much useful information
you can get from knowing what the server can support.  If the client could
use it, it would be using it.  (well, not entirely, but...)

http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/env.html sez:

     * SERVER_PROTOCOL
       The name and revision of the information protcol this request came
       in with. Format: protocol/revision