Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2018/06/12 07:46:54 UTC

Wanted: NetBeans users in Cuba and Sri Lanka

Hi folks,

    for Apache NetBeans 9.0 release we are preparing a new Update Center
which will be hosted on Apache infrastructure. The solution works fine
so far but since we have two reports about failures in Cuba and Sri
Lanka we are seeking for other users in these countries.

    If you live in Cuba or Sri Lanka and your name is neither José J.
Rodriguez nor Thilina Ranathunga :), please contact me at your earliest
convenience. We would like you to do a simple test to either confirm the
issues or give us hope that the connectivity problems might be isolated.

Thank you very much!
-Jirka

Re: [MASSMAIL]Wanted: NetBeans users in Cuba and Sri Lanka

Posted by "José J. Rodriguez" <jo...@cenpalab.cu>.
Jiří Kovalský wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>     for Apache NetBeans 9.0 release we are preparing a new Update Center
> which will be hosted on Apache infrastructure. The solution works fine
> so far but since we have two reports about failures in Cuba and Sri
> Lanka we are seeking for other users in these countries.
>
>     If you live in Cuba or Sri Lanka and your name is neither José J.
> Rodriguez nor Thilina Ranathunga :), please contact me at your earliest
> convenience.

I promise I am not contacting you about that, LOL.

Just wondering out loud here if the problems might not be due to longer
latencies for us, as we use a chain of proxies and have slower internet
access than what most of you might be used to. Maybe there is a way to
increase the timeouts on the UC servers?

But I still think there's something in Netbeans updater itself though,
because I can't see any reason to be able to access the files on the UC
from a browser and not from Netbeans itself.

Regards,

Jose Rodriguez (Joe1962)