Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/05 09:56:00 UTC

Basic usage of hadoop job -list

Hi,
  That command does not show a presently running job (I am tailing the
jobtracker log so yes it certainly is still running). Actually no jobs are
displayed.  So what is needed to sync up   "hadoop job -list" with the job
tracker?  btw I also tried explicitly setting the NN

 hadoop job -fs hdfs://nn01:8020/ -list

0 jobs currently running
JobId   State   StartTime       UserName        Priority
 SchedulingInfo

Re: Basic usage of hadoop job -list

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Stephen,

You should either configure your mapred-site.xml to point to the
mapred.job.tracker address, or pass the JobTracker address via -jt
just as you've done for the NN with -fs. Let us know if this works.

--
Harsh J