Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> on 2013/10/25 17:17:54 UTC

Re: Proposal to move Hive Apache Jenkins jobs to Bigtop Jenkins?

This proposal already has support from the Hive community but adding
dev@hive as an FYI.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Thank you guys so much!

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Thank you guys so much!

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Done!

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
Done!

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 08:51PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > Ok sounds good. FWIW, the code that will actually execute on the Jenkins
> > slave is actually just a very lightweight REST client that communicates
> > with our "parallel test" service.
>
> Can you please provide more details on this?
>
> > My username is brock.
>
> I gave you perms to manipulate the jobs. Go wild ;-)

In some definition of "wild", if course ;)

Cos

Re: Proposal to move Hive Apache Jenkins jobs to Bigtop Jenkins?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > Ok sounds good. FWIW, the code that will actually execute on the Jenkins
> > slave is actually just a very lightweight REST client that communicates
> > with our "parallel test" service.
>
> Can you please provide more details on this?

Our unit tests take like 15 hours if run sequentially so we wrote this

https://github.com/apache/hive/tree/trunk/testutils/ptest2

to execute them in parallel. It executes on a dedicated host and the
jenkins job is just a client of said server.

Brock

Re: Proposal to move Hive Apache Jenkins jobs to Bigtop Jenkins?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Ok sounds good. FWIW, the code that will actually execute on the Jenkins
> slave is actually just a very lightweight REST client that communicates
> with our "parallel test" service.

Can you please provide more details on this?

> My username is brock.

I gave you perms to manipulate the jobs. Go wild ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Proposal to move Hive Apache Jenkins jobs to Bigtop Jenkins?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Ok sounds good. FWIW, the code that will actually execute on the Jenkins
slave is actually just a very lightweight REST client that communicates
with our "parallel test" service.

My username is brock.

Hive Dev:  I think that at least two more committers should create accounts
so we don't have a bus factor here.

Brock

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.