Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> on 2007/12/20 23:12:08 UTC

Repo Layout

Right now the svn repo is layed out like:

trunk/java/
trunk/javascript/

I'd like to consider reversing them in order to treat the seperate
server side impls as separate sub-projects. I say this as I want to
import a bunch of PHP. Ideally it will depend on the same javascript,
so we wind up with:

java/trunk/
javascript/trunk/
php/trunk/

and then we can make branches, tags, etc without doing the indpendent
components.

Thoughts?

Re: Repo Layout

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@google.com>.
On Dec 20, 2007 5:12 PM, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Right now the svn repo is layed out like:
>
> trunk/java/
> trunk/javascript/
>
> I'd like to consider reversing them in order to treat the seperate
> server side impls as separate sub-projects. I say this as I want to
> import a bunch of PHP. Ideally it will depend on the same javascript,
> so we wind up with:
>
> java/trunk/
> javascript/trunk/
> php/trunk/
>
> and then we can make branches, tags, etc without doing the indpendent
> components.

If you feel *really* strongly about it, I guess, but I think it's a bikeshed.

-Fitz, who prefers his bikeshed http://cornflowerblue.bikeshed.com/

Re: Repo Layout

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
It's a bit more complicated than that.

Inside of each language directory, there are multiple sub-components such as
the gadget server, the gateway server, etc. Branching at the language level
is probably not going to be sufficient for our needs.