Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Henrik Ossipoff Hansen <ho...@entertainment-trading.com> on 2013/10/21 18:20:45 UTC

Pivot faceting not working after upgrading to 4.5

Hello,

We have a rather weird behavior I don't really understand. As written in a few other threads, we're migrating from a master/slave setup running 4.3 to a SolrCloud setup running 4.5. Both run on the same data set (the 4.5 instances have been re-indexed under 4.5 obviously).

The following query works fine under our 4.3 setup:

?q=*:*&facet.pivot=facet_category,facet_platform&facet=true&rows=0

However, in our 4.5 setup, the facet_pivot entry in the facet_count is straight up missing in the response. I've been digging around the logs for a bit, but I'm unable to find something relating to this. If I remove one of the facet.pivot elements (i.e. only having &facet.pivot=facet_category) I get an error as expected, so that part of the component is at least working.

Does anyone have an idea to something obvious I might have missed? I've been unable to find any change logs suggesting changes to this part of the facet component.

Thanks.

Regards,
Henrik

Re: Pivot faceting not working after upgrading to 4.5

Posted by Henrik Ossipoff Hansen <ho...@entertainment-trading.com>.
I realise now that distributed pivotal faceting is not implemented yet in SolrCloud after some digging through the internet.

Apologies :)