Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by AK...@iba.com.by on 2002/10/01 18:40:19 UTC

mod_webapp for Apache 2, Win32

Hello,

I'd like to setup Apache 2.0.42 + TomCat 4.1 with mod_webapp on Win NT.
I found mod_webapp binary for Apache 1.3. It works fine.
But Apache 2 requires another mod_webapp binary. I failed to find it on ASF
web sites.

I found only sources. I've downloaded
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.12-src.zip. It contains readme.txt with
following text:
<
NO, IT DOES NOT RUN WITH WINDOWS (your images don't appear and the
whole thing hangs?) AND SINCE I DON'T USE NEITHER POSSESS A MICROSOFT
WINDOWS BASED MACHINE, THERE ARE NO CURRENT PLANS ON MAKING IT WORK
OVER THERE (from my side).

Does it mean that it cannot be compiled for Win NT?
Or it means that mod_webapp can be compiled for Win NT, but it will work
unstable?

I tried to compile mod_webapp with Apache 2 sources. Compilation was
successful. Only linking errors remained:
<
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_pool
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_cconnection
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_init
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_deploy
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_capplication
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_cvirtualhost
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_startup
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_shutdown
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_rfree
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_rinvoke
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_ralloc
mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_apr_filename_of_pathname

Could smb. give me a hint how can I overcome this?

Or may be smb. could let me know where can I get mod_webapp binary for
Apache 2?

In the Internet I found a lot of similar questions. Many people want to get
mod_webapp for Apache 2, but nobody can.
It would be a good idea to make mod_webapp working under Win32 and put
binaries on ASF site.

Best regards,
Alexander Klimuk
ICQ 148557477

Re: mod_webapp for Apache 2, Win32

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
AKlimuk@iba.com.by wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to setup Apache 2.0.42 + TomCat 4.1 with mod_webapp on Win NT.
> I found mod_webapp binary for Apache 1.3. It works fine.
> But Apache 2 requires another mod_webapp binary. I failed to find it on ASF
> web sites.
>
> I found only sources. I've downloaded
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.12-src.zip. It contains readme.txt with
> following text:
> <
> NO, IT DOES NOT RUN WITH WINDOWS (your images don't appear and the
> whole thing hangs?) AND SINCE I DON'T USE NEITHER POSSESS A MICROSOFT
> WINDOWS BASED MACHINE, THERE ARE NO CURRENT PLANS ON MAKING IT WORK
> OVER THERE (from my side).
>
> Does it mean that it cannot be compiled for Win NT?
> Or it means that mod_webapp can be compiled for Win NT, but it will work
> unstable?
>
> I tried to compile mod_webapp with Apache 2 sources. Compilation was
> successful. Only linking errors remained:
> <
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_pool
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_cconnection
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_init
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_deploy
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_capplication
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_cvirtualhost
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_startup
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_shutdown
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_rfree
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_rinvoke
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wa_ralloc
> mod_webapp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _apr_filename_of_pathname
>
> Could smb. give me a hint how can I overcome this?

Try with Linux. Or with cygwin.
mod_webapp needs to be linked with several object in a dll.