Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2017/07/19 16:01:57 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Thrift - July 2017

 Apache Thrift is a framework for providing cross-platform RPC and
serialization.

Project Status
---------
The Apache Thrift community continues to see consistent growth with
submissions
from new contributors for bug fixes and client library improvements. There
have
been a number of stability and performance enhancements to our Go, Node and
Python client libraries and we have just cut the 0.11.0 branch [1] and are
beginning testing in preparation for our 0.11.0 release candidate.

A code audit is also starting to take place to ensure that Apache Thrift is
compliant with the recent category-x licensing changes [2] that occurred
due to
the Facebook BSD+patents license changes.

Community
---
Latest Additions:

* PMC addition:            Nobuaki Sukegawa, 1.25.2016
* Committer addition:   James King, 10.18.2016

Issue backlog status since last report:

* Created:    79
* Resolved:  46

Mailing list activity since last report:

* @dev    1026 messages
* @user   44 messages

Releases
---
Last release: 0.10.0, Release Date: 1.3.2017
Cut 0.11.0 branch, release candidate creation and testing in progress

[1]:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=thrift.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/0.11.0;hb=refs/heads/0.11.0
[2]: https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x