Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Shaw <ac...@zerofiveone.com> on 2007/04/26 15:10:39 UTC

mp2 + SOAP - SOAP calls fail randomly

Im having some mod_perl2 wierdness. Im trying to run some SOAP requests and
Im getting odd things happening.

Is there any reason that I should be experiencing intermittant issues
dispatching SOAP methods to my class?

Sometimes the methods work fine and sometimes they don't.

When they don't I get the error returned in a fault string:
Failed to locate method (getSession) in class (TestSpace) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2586.

And then sometimes it all works perfectly.

Ive tried boiling all this down to a simple test case.

TestSpace.pm
------------
package MediaSpace;

sub getSession {
    return 1;
}

1;

I would estimate that 50% of the requests fail.

Im using Apache-2.2.4 PreforkMPM/Perl 5.8.8 with no threads support, and
mod_perl-2.0.3.

Any ideas would be welcomed at this point in time as Im out of ideas.

Cheers,
Tom